Almost October… 2021 has flown!

Hard to believe it’s almost October. I’d like to say a lot has been going on since I last wrote, but nothing all that crazy.

Work has been tense, I think that’s the best way to describe it. It’s the same amount of busy, but I feel like I’m doing so much more babysitting. People are getting mad that things aren’t coming in quickly, or they request to order something today and they need it today because they didn’t let me know they were low, so it’s my fault that they are out. I can only do and order what I am asked. I’m guessing it’s more tense just because everyone is toeing burnout. In the medical world we feel like we aren’t being respected a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. And hell, I just work in an admin office and support the frontline. It’s really amazing what a thank you does.

Also, this is your notice that everything is taking longer to ship, even Amazon. It is taking longer for items to be made, so if you are a last minute holiday shopper, I strongly suggest that you start sooner or be screwed.

Moxie and I went to a class “Walking a Reactive Dog” it was alright, there were a few things that I wasn’t a big fan of, and I probably am done taking classes at this place or probably in general! After that we were home for maybe an hour and then she had a free half day of doggy daycare. I’m just wanting her to get socialized and it wears her out!

I had a notebook page of things to do around the house, so it felt good to get those all checked off. I just need to get better at doing house stuff throughout the week after work so it’s not a weekend chore. I just feel defeated after work. But if I just knock out one thing…

I have lived in my house for a year now and I still can’t quite figure it all out, but I will.

Sunday night / early Monday morning I woke up and it was a little hotter than normal in the house and it turns out the air conditioner wasn’t running. I had to go to an allergy appointment Monday morning so I had a little time — I flipped the breaker off then back on, and it kicked back up but not for long. I cannot leave early on a Monday unless it’s planned because of a coworker’s standing appointment where she leaves at 2:30 so I couldn’t meet the repair guy there until Tuesday afternoon. Moxie and I crashed at Mom’s on Monday because it was 82 degrees in the house!

Mom kept Moxie, because heaven forbid she come back home, and I worked until 12:30. Mom met me at the house to bring Mox back, and then the air conditioner was repaired – a capacitor! It was only $115 for parts and labor and I’m back to a cool house.

I don’t have any plans for the weekend so just maybe I will sort through the storage tubs that I have in my dining room, and get that organized! They have only been in there for I would guess at least a month and a half.

My boss is gone for a week, so it’s nice in one aspect because there’s not much for interruptions, and I can tackle a few things that are just little projects but need uninterrupted time, but also I feel like a lot of things fall on me and I’m not 100% in the loop with them and I don’t want to mess up.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s